Anomaly detection Engine for Linux Logs (ADE)
Managing the ADE database - controldb
controldb is a bash script which invokes the correct Java class after setting up the environment needed. controldb provides a command line interface to manage the JDBC compliant database used by ADE.
Use controldb to manage the database from the command line. From the command line you can
- Create a database
- Delete a database
- Delete the contents of the database
- Query the data contents of the database
- Manipulate the database (ie. delete rows, insert rows, ..)
Modification of the ADE database through the use of
controldb commands can cause severe errors.
Before making any changes, create a backup or test the request on a test system.
- The database manipulated by controldb is the database specified in setup.props.
- The database schema is described in
- for tables used by extensions see
- for tables used by engine see
|controldb create||Creates that database in the location specified in setup.props|
|controldb delete||Deletes the content of the tables|
|controldb query “SQL statement”||Issues an SQL statement|
|controldb dml “SQL statement||Issues a standard SQL statement|
The error information generated by a incorrect controldb request depends on the information provided by the actual JDBC compliant database.